According to the game mode rules listed below, it sounds to be more of a survival mode with a bit of battle royal elements thrown in. This is also not meant to be played in solo as you must "group up as 4-man squads" according to the rules.
Game Mode Rules
In the dark night, Ymir surge in stages, players need to group up as 4-man squads, maintain their body temperature levels and survive until dawn rises at the end of the game (about 20 minutes), leading to a victory.
- To survive, players need to compete with other players to fight for a variety of resources, including weapons and equipment, fuel, food and so on.
- When Ymir surges, players need to start a campfire indoor and stay close to the fire to maintain their body temperature. The campfire needs fuel to keep burning, and food can be consumed to restore health and help survive the cold.
- All resource locations will be shown on the map, and the positions of players will also be revealed at certain times, players will need to flexibly adjust their tactics and strategies in order to survive until dawn.
The Daily Schedule is laid out like so:
- 4:00-6:00, 12:00-14:00, 20:00-22:00 (PST)
- 12:00-14:00, 20:00-22:00,4:00-6:00（GMT）
- 20:00-22:00, 4:00-6:00, 12:00-14:00 (GMT+8)